Have questions about the conference? Check out some frequently asked questions below.
1. I've registered for the conference. What do I do next?
- Check your email (including your spam folder) for an invitation from Sched.com. Using the invite, create an account on Sched.com, check out the conference agenda, and build your personal conference schedule. Each session has information regarding times and what Zoom "room" the session will take place in.
- Make sure to check your email for the STEAM Leadership Conference One Pager (for Attendees or Presenters). It has tips and important information for using Zoom. If you do not have the one pager, please email us at email@example.com.
2. Where can I find the Zoom links for the sessions?
- We've created four Zoom "rooms" (Lobby, Mirrors and Windows, Local to Global, and Humanizing STEAM) where all our sessions will take place throughout the day. You can find the Zoom link for a session by looking at it's specific listing on Sched.com. Make sure that you are logged into your Sched account.
3. Where can I find the passwords for the Zoom sessions?
- Passwords for Zoom "rooms"/sessions can be found in the STEAM Leadership Conference One Pager (for Attendees or Presenters).
- Do not share the Zoom "rooms" passwords with anyone not registered for the conference. This is considered a violation of the STEAM Leadership Conference Code of Conduct.
- *Tip:* Keep the one pager handy throughout the day so you can move from session to session with ease.
4. What is Mozilla Hubs?
- Mozilla Hubs is a VR chatroom designed for every headset and browser, but it is also an open source project that explores how communication in mixed reality can come to life. We will be streaming sessions from the Lobby into Hubs Rooms that we've created just for the conference. If you want to learn more about Hubs and the STEAM Leadership Conference, click here.
5. I'm having technical issues. Who should I reach out to?
- If you are a presenter, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On the day of the conference, the best way to reach us is via the STEAM Leadership Conference Slack Channel. Please check your email for an invite link to the Slack Channel. Make sure to accept the invitation and join the Slack Channel beforehand. If you are unable to locate the email, please reach out to us via email and we will resend the invite link to you.
- If you are an attendee and having trouble with audio or video during the conference, we have created a Technical Support Break Out Room in the Lobby "room". A member of our committee will be available to troubleshoot any issues you are experiencing.
6. Where can I find the Code of Conduct? How can I report violations?